1. The above quotation is based on our current understanding of the project and will be valid for 30 days. All prices are exclusive of VAT, which will be charged at 20.00%
2. For projects including websites, domains, and search engine optimisation set–up costs our payment terms are
30% of total project value invoiced on order
50% on completion of the first draft website
20% upon sign-off
First draft website includes website design, template building, basic website functionality and home page content. Full content as required and website testing is including in the final phase to sign off.
New customers are asked to pay 30% of project value with order for the first order; otherwise payment terms are strictly 30 days form the date of invoice.
3. The website hosting charge will begin on completion of the first draft of the website (50%). Subsequent yearly hosting charges to be paid a year in advance. Hosting includes provision of Google analytics, ongoing hosting technical support (3 hours per year), and provision of a secure server for the website. Additional website maintenance, fixing hacking problems, other web repair and server issues will be charged at £80 per hour. Technical support will not be provided (unless otherwise agreed and charged at £80 per hour) if your website is hosted by another party.
A minimum of one full months notice prior to the date of renewal is required to cancel the hosting of your website. If you wish to cancel the hosting and have paid for a 12 month period, a rebate of up to 6 months fee can be made depending on the month of cancellation.
4. Domain renewal, where applicable, charged at £25.00 per domain per annum.
5. Monthly SEO management is invoiced on or around the 20th of each month and to be paid 3 months in advance unless otherwise agreed. A six-month commitment is required at the start of an SEO online marketing project. After the initial six-month period you can cancel your SEO activity but you must give Metafocus one full months notice.
6. PPC management is charged at £60 per hour and incurs a min charge of £120 a month to be paid one month in advance. For advertising spends of £20 per day or over there is an additional management charge of 10% of advertising spend. One months notice is required to stop a PPC campaign unless otherwise agreed in writing.
7. Website quotations assume one set of changes after the original website build, further changes are chargeable. Minor text changes, such as address/telephone number alterations are free of charge. All other design and programming changes are charged at £80 +VAT per hour, or by quotation. There is a minimum charge of £20.
8. After website sign off a web management and maintenance service package is available at a agreed monthly rate. This can be reviewed from time to time according to hourly requirement and actual usage. This can cover minor website changes, ongoing training and re-training, fixing of website problems. If such a package is not taken up these services are charged at £60 a hour.
9. Metafocus will design a website to fit a 1024x768 screen so 86% of browsers will view the website perfectly and when viewed outside common sizes the website will still keep its design integrity.
Latest statistics regarding what screen resolution is being used:
Larger than 1024x768 38%
10. Copyright on all work produced in respect of the contract will remain with Metafocus Limited unless otherwise reassigned by us in writing, and in all cases will remain with us until full payment has been received by us.
11. ARTWORK CHARGES AND RIGHTS TO INTERMEDIATE FILES, MATERIALS AND SOURCE CODE. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by Metafocus, all costs are for the end product only and do not include supply of intermediate files, materials or source code. Such files or materials remain our exclusive property. These can be supplied at Metafocus’ discretion and there will be a charge for such, which could be 10% of website fee.
12. CONTENT MANAGED WEBSITES INCLUDING ONLINE SHOPS. Unless agreed otherwise in writing by Metafocus, all websites produced by Metafocus that utilise any form of content management system to update database-driven content are licensed only for use on the Metafocus hosted web servers and are not transferable to third parties or other hosting companies. Ownership of the source code to such systems will remain with Metafocus at all times and any payment for such a system is considered to be a licence fee for use thereof. Length and renewal period of such a licence will be agreed on a per-contract basis.
a) We shall not be liable for indirect loss or third party claims occasioned by delay in completing the Work or for any loss to the Customer arising from delay in transit or delivery whether as a result of our negligence or otherwise.
b) Insofar as is permitted by law, where work is defective for any reason, including negligence, our liability (if any) shall be limited to rectifying such defect. In no circumstances shall such liability exceed the value of the defective part of the Work or of any loss directly occasioned by any delay in completing the Work. Where we perform our obligation to rectify defective work under this condition the Customer shall not be entitled to any further claim in respect of the work done nor shall the Customer be entitled to treat delivery thereof as a ground for repudiating the contract, failing to pay for the work or cancelling further deliveries.